Calvary Sports is an evangelistic sports ministry specifically designed for children that promotes salvation, character, and self-esteem in every child.
- Provides an evaluation system that promotes equal teams and opportunities
- Establishes a one-hour practice and game each week
- Implements a substitution system for each team, allowing every child equal playing time
- Creates the opportunity for every child to learn the skills of the game
- Places emphasis on having fun and good sportsmanship, not on the scoreboard and team standings
Sports are a great way for children to learn about teamwork, respect for authority, and sportsmanship. The sad part is all those things are being lost in today's sporting society. With our sports ministry, these key essentials are included to create the best sporting experience for every child who participates. Calvary Sports is designed to reveal the winner in every child. Every child plays. Every child learns. Every child IS a winner!
OUR ESSENTIAL VALUES
The Expectation of God-Moments
We believe that God is at work all around us. Ephesians 2:10 - "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
The Life of Integrity
We believe that how we live is more important than what we say.
Galatians 2:20 - "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."
The Discipline of Excellence
We believe in serving that exceeds expectations.
Colossians 3:17 - "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
The Priority of Children
We believe that Every Child Is A Winner.
Matthew 18:14 - "In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost."
For more information about the Calvary Sports Ministry at Calvary Full Gospel Church, please contact by e-mail Joe Dezamits at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Church at (412) 257-1707.
Calvary Sports presents: Spring Baseball Hitting Clinic
Our next program (Baseball Hitting Clinic) begins Saturday, April 4, and continuing on each of the following dates: April 11, 12, 18, 20, 25, and 26 for a total of 7 sessions in April.
What to expect: (Taking registrations for the 1st 20 kids interested only)
- Personalized training. Limited to 5 kids per hour session. Hour time slots are selected by parents as a first come first served basis based solely on when your registration form is received at the church office by one of our staff members. The cost is $100 per child.
Time Slots are:(Conflict with times below? Please contact me to see what we can work out with you)
- SATURDAYS: 9AM; 10AM; 11AM; and 12PM
- SUNDAYS: 12:30 PM; 1:30 PM; 2:30 PM and 3:30PM.
- Learn hitting techniques and proper mechanics
- Learn to pick up rotation of baseball for anticipated movement
- Work from 2 static and 2 dynamic hitting stations
- Mental preparedness of a hitting champion
- Much more...